The Preparatory Program of Romanian Language for Foreign Students
The Preparatory Program of Romanian Language for Foreign Students is part of the Faculty of Political Sciences, Letters and Communication, the Letters Department, “Valahia” the University of Târgovişte, and has a duration of 2 semesters (28 weeks, 60 credits).
The program is designed to enable international students to acquire and develop their communication skills and aims at:
- Familiarizing foreign students with the Romanian language system from a functional perspective;
- Familiarizing foreign students with defining aspects of Romanian culture and civilization;
- Assimilating the Romanian language vocabulary and basic grammatical structures;
- Shaping the foreign students’ communication skills (in reading, writing, listening, and speaking in Romanian);
- Developing communication skills in various communication situations;
- Acquiring the essential concepts of basic specialized languages (economic sciences, engineering, biological and biomedical sciences, social sciences, etc.), at the minimum B1 level, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), formulated by the Council of Europe.
The program curriculum includes fundamental and specialized subjects, according to the aims set: Romanian culture and civilization, Practical Romanian language courses, Lexical-grammatical and syntactic structures of the Romanian language, Specialized language.
The program also promotes intercultural communication, given the ethnic composition of the group of students, thus contributing to a better understanding of various cultures and to the development of teamwork in the context of diversity.